This sword is a replica of Kisuke Urahara's Zanpakutō Benihime (紅姫 - "Crimson Princess"). Usually in the form of a cane, when released, it changes into a sword that is notable for its lack of Tsuba (replaced by a blade-covering guard) and for its crimson tassel. It is one of the few Zanpakutō with a female spirit owned by a male.
Shikai: Released by the word "Okiro" (起きろ - "Awaken"), Benihime changes form and can produce and manipulate crimson-colored energy.
Bankai: Kannonbiraki Benihime Aratame (観音開紅姫改メ - "Opened Red Princess Neo") - can cut and restore objects. Can be used for a myriad of uses including healing and moving through obstacles.
Noted special abilities:
- Nake, Benihime (啼け紅姫 - "Sing") - fires crimson energy blast in an arc.
- Chikasumi no Tate (血霞の盾 - "Blood Mist Shield") - forms a crimson energy barrier in front of the bearer.
- Shibari, Benihime (縛り紅姫 - "Crimson Princess of Binding" - traps the enemy in a net.
- Overall Length: 103 cm / 40.6 Inches
- Blade Length: 70 cm / 27.6 Inches
- Tsuku Length: 26 cm / 10.24 Inches
- Blade Width: 3.2 cm / 1.25 Inches
- Blade Steel: High Carbon Steel
- Blade Thickness: 0.7 cm / 0.28 Inches
- Blade HRC 56
- Sharpness: Unsharpened
- One Sword
- Sword Stand not Included
Blade: The blade of this sword is hand forged and finished. The steel used is high quality carbon steel, which is very pure, and keeps its edge very well. The blade is unsharpened.