Evoking the strength of the tiger and with superb balance, this sword is ready for action. Made of harder steel, this sword is greatly enhanced by a skilled and experienced wielder.
- Overall Length: 106 cm / 41.5 Inches
- Blade Length: 72 cm / 28.4 Inches
- Tsuku Length: 29 cm / 11.3 Inches
- Blade Width: 3.2 cm / 1.25 Inches
- Blade Steel: 1095 Clay Tempered Folded Steel
- Blade Thickness: 0.7cm / 0.28 inches
- Hamon: Distinct
- Sharpness: Sharpened (for unsharpened please contact us)
- Blood Groove: None
- Tsubu: Iron
- Fuchi / Kashira: Alloy
- Menuki: Brass
- Seppa: Brass
- Habaki: Brass
- Tsuku: Rose Hardwood
- Tang: Full Tang
- Samegawa: Genuine Rayskin
- Ito (Braid): Japanese Silk
- Mekugi: Bamboo Peg
- Saya: Hardwood with lacquered buffalo horn
- Sageo: Japanese Silk
- One Sword with Saya
- One Sword Bag
- Sword Stand not Included
Blade: The blade of this sword is hand forged and finished with 12 stages of polishing and sharpening. The steel used is high quality carbon steel, which is very pure, and keeps its edge very well.
Folded Steel: This blade had been folded eleven times, creating 2048 layers. This traditional sword forging method involves repeatedly heating, hammering and folding the swords steel. The effect of this work evens out and homogenises the carbon content, making for a stronger, more flexible blade.
Clay Tempered: The blade has been clay tempered in order to harden the cutting edge while still allowing the spine to remain flexible. The tempering process imbues the blade with a distinctive Hamon (blade pattern).